Hello! We're Hi Mum! Said Dad.
We're one of the UK's most awarded and innovative digital product studios. We partner with well-known brands and companies to produce innovative digital products. Our work typically involves user-centred design and development across mobile, web, voice, and emerging technologies. We are research-driven and strive to ensure that our thinking addresses customer, business, and market needs.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our ever-growing team. You will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small, collaborative environment and to accelerate your growth across a range of exciting industries, from FinTech to AutoMobility to Energy and beyond. We offer a competitive package including pension, private medical, dental and kids vouchers as well as 25 days of holidays.
The role will suit a generalist that has a breadth of skills across research, strategy, UX design, visual design, and service design. You will have an organised brain to work within our design processes, a proactive mindset to work with the client and team and a keen eye for exceptional design.
While you won’t be an expert in all of these areas, you must have a solid understanding across the board so that you can communicate and collaborate effectively within the team. You’ll be working closely with product strategists, designers and developers to bring highly effective digital products to life across a range of digital touchpoints.
Are you right for this role?
Well, see if you enjoy these activities that we expect from this role:
✔ Work across a broad range of projects spanning websites, mobile apps, services, and voice skills.
✔ Contribute to client pitches when needed.
✔ Create and run both internal and client-facing workshops.
✔ Design artefacts such as user flows, screens, prototypes, and service blueprints.
✔ Manage your own time and ensure your work is of the highest quality.
✔ Coach and inspire other members of the team; developing their skills, demonstrating best practices, and promoting a culture of collaboration.
✔ Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of deliverables and quickly notify the project management team of risks.
✔ Work with product strategists to ensure that products are research-driven, validated with user testing and delivering against business objectives.
✔ Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or
speaking at industry conferences.
✔ If the fit is right, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a Lead Product Designer, and we are actively looking for someone with this ambition.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and launching brand new products and services - from initial concept sketches through to polished final screens and interactions.
- Designing native experiences for both iOS and Android, and understand how experiences differ between the two.
- Designing web-based applications across different form factors.
- Typography, motion, interaction design and usability.
- Leading the definition of what the right solution is for the challenges that clients are facing.
- Working in cross-functional agile teams, ensuring design fits into the process to deliver quality at speed.
- Collaborating with developers to understand technical constraints and create appropriate deliverables.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders, bringing them on the journey of designing new products and services.
- Communicate the underlying principles and rationale of your design to the team and clients.
- Constructing convincing and compelling narratives that sell ideas to stakeholders and team members.
- Facilitating workshops of different styles. For example, customer co-design workshops, and design critiques. Ideally, you will also have experience in:
- Working both in-house and in agency
- Working in a small start-up
- Creating design systems and component libraries from scratch
- Designing voice skills
- Understanding the importance of both practical and emotional design
And what will you get in return?
-A competitive salary
-25 days holiday + bank holidays
-Sector-specific training courses to help take your career to the next level
-A great pension scheme
-Health and dental insurance (it can even be used towards a spa day)