At Hi Mum Said Dad Ltd (Trading as Hi Mum! Said Dad) we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and all site visitors (all of you). We totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or phone number.If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line. For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Hi Mum! Said Dad Ltd.
Explaining the legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
Legitimate interests We collect and process your data to pursue our legitimate interests, in ways they would reasonably expect as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
If you have registered to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our weekly e-mail newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, if you tick a box to receive email newsletters, or apply or enquire about a role at Hi Mum! Said Dad.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Hi Mum! Said Dad Ltd to law enforcement.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and register for our newsletter.
- When you enquire about an open role.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you fill out any forms on www.himumsaiddad.com.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us to visit us.
- When you choose to respond any surveys we send you.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you registered for our newsletter, your email address.
- If provided to us, we collect your name, job title and organization alongside our newsletter subscription.
- Data related to your activity on our newsletter, including open rates, links clicked on in the newsletter, sign up date and subscription status.
- Details of your interactions with us online, via e-mail, or over the phone. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make.
- Details of your visits to www.himumsaiddad.com and which site you came from to ours.
Information of children?
Hi Mum Said Dad Ltd (trading as Hi Mum! Said Dad) does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of sixteen. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen. If, following a notification from a parent, guardian or discovery by other means, a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will delete the child's personal information from our records.
How and why do we use your personal data?
Your Name and Contact Details
How we use your name and contact details
- Sending you information by email, about our products and services, or sending our Hi Lites newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like to hear about from us.
Your Contact History with Us
What you’ve said to us, for example, over e-mail, the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history
- Provide customer service and support. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website.
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language). To give you the best possible experience.
- Protect our website. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Hi Mum Said Dad Ltd. Unfortunate, but absolutely essential and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, data analysis, improving our site. Samples of this aggregate data may also be shared with third parties.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address or email address. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
When You Contact Us Via Our Forms
Our website has forms built using Gravity Forms.
The personal information we collect might include your name, phone number, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
When you use our contact form the information submitted emailed to us so that we can correspond with you. Your personal data will be stored in the website’s database. Your data is encrypted with the Gravity Forms Encrypted Fields plugin before it is saved to the database.
We store your data on our website database so that if an email doesn't get through we can check the website and access the request to ensure we don't miss any enquiries or leads.
How to stop marketing messages from HMSD
If you have opted in to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our weekly e-mail newsletter, thought leadership and information about any upcoming events hosted by Hi Mum! Said Dad from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on email@example.com Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as project-related communications, job applications or enquiries, emails related to billing and invoices).
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we keep the data provided by you, at a minimum this will include email address, email open rates, specific articles that have been clicked on. If provided to Hi Mum! Said Dad, this may also include Name, job title, and organisation.
Our website has HTTPS encryption via a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate to ensure any data passed between your browser and the web server (where this website is hosted) is encrypted.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
This website and its database are automatically backed up every day using a third party service ManageWP. Backups are stored for 90 days in the EU Region.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this policy).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on www.himumsaiddad.com or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Hi Mum Said Dad Ltd uses both types of cookies.
Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
We use the following types of cookies on our website.
- Functional cookies - These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing and personalise your experience. We may store your geographic location in a cookie, for instance, to ensure that we show you the website relevant to your area.
- Third Party cookies - Third-party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than Hi Mum Said Dad Ltd. These cookies may be used on our website to improve our products or services or to help us provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subject to the respective privacy policies for these external services, for example, Facebook Data Use Policy.
- Analytics cookies - We use analytics cookies, like those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most useful, and how they arrived at www.himumsaiddad.com. To learn more about Google Analytics and your data, visit this Google webpage.
How do I change my cookie settings?
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 25/01/2021.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you: email us.
Or write to our Data Protection Officer:
Hi Mum! Said Dad
Unit 4, 39a Underwood Street
N1 7LG, London